Sunday, March 23, 2014

Easy Salsa Recipe!

Very similar to pico de gallo, my salsa recipe has been perfected.  I do however add/subtract some of the ingredients at times.  For example: the pic below I didn't add any whole cilantro leaves, but tossed them all in my food processor.  I also added more cumin.  Play around with it and let me know what YOU did to make it your own!!

Ingredients:

1 red bell pepper
3-6 large garlic cloves
8 tomatoes
1 cup cilantro
1 large white onion
Salt to taste
Dash of cumin
Dash of cayenne
Dash of black pepper
1/2 lime

Put 1/2 of chopped onion, 2 chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves and 1/2 cup cilantro in a food processor. "Chop" it for about 20-30 seconds.  You want it to still be chunky, but to the point where it's "chip scoopable".  Start chopping the other half of the onion and bell pepper.  After, chop the tomatoes but remove the guts with the seeds. Combine in a bowl and squeeze the juice of the lime. Mix in the spices. With the 1/2 cup cilantro remaining, tear the leaves off so they're whole.  Add to the salsa and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment