Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Roasted Cauliflower (& Broccoli) Recipe!



Found this one on Pinterest, posted by Lisa on:

http://www.garnishwithlemon.com/2013/02/19/parmesan-roasted-cauliflower/

I use this at least 3 times a week, and love it!  Thanks Lisa!


....I wrote little notes in Italics for what worked for me....

Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower with thyme, caramelized onion and garlic.
Author: 
Recipe type: Sides and salads
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
  • 1 head cauliflower- cut into thick sections (I used a purple cauliflower)
  • (me) added 1 head of broccoli also cut into thick sections
  • 1 Vidalia onion- sliced (me-we took this out)
  • 6 Thyme Sprigs (didn't have this, so I added about 1 Tbls of the seasoning)
  • 4-6 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
  • 3-4 T Olive Oil
  • ½ t salt
  • ½ freshly ground pepper
  • ½ cup grated Parmesan
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 425.
  2. Clean cauliflower and cut in sections. In a large bowl, toss sliced onion, thyme, sprigs, and garlic with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss again. Spread cauliflower mixture on a roasting pan and roast for 30 minutes. Turn the cauliflower over to brown other side and add the Parmesan cheese. Roast for another 10- 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.


2 comments:

  1. I have read this in 2 different places & neither says what to do with the oil. Do you toss the cauliflower in the oil before spreading on the pan to roast or drizzle over the cauliflower in the pan or drizzle over the cauliflower after roasting… I need a little more info please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Richard! I usually mix all ingredients in a bowl (including the olive oil but not the Parmesan) prior to laying on the pan. I haven't tried drizzling it over, but I don't think the oil would cost both sides of the veggies.

      Delete